Thursday, May 28, 2009

Painted Lady Lavender Farm

Nestled on the hill side off of Hwy101 on your way to the coast to Illwaco, Washington, you will find a magical Lavender farm waiting for you to explore. They grow Lavender and make many products for you to enjoy. Dwight one of the owners was there to greet us and gladly take us on a tour of the farm, I believe it is on only 2 acres, but two acres well utilized, complete with a guest cabin, a chicken coop and some rabbits. It was like visiting a fairy tale farm. Sue and Dwight along with their daughter Sheri have created a magical place for all to enjoy. They are open I believe seven days a week until 7:00pm, except I think Dwight said Sunday they close at 4:00, so if you are going to the Washington Coast it is well worth the drive and the visit. Enjoy.
This is not the best photo but it gives you an idea about the farm, this was in a local paper.
This statue complete with a heart stone pendant was precious.
This farm table with the block letters spelling out Lavender was awesome. I think they probably do classes at that table, there were several areas to sit and relax, all very inviting.
Here Sue one of the owners tending to the flowers, she is also a musician and plays the sax.
The stairs were steep to the top, but were well worth the climb to see the overall picture of the farm.
This bell is what greeted me as I reached the top of the stairs. It was a bucket turned up side down with a chain hanging down through it to create the dong the bell would make.
This was the view at the top of the tree house that I climb up to, to get the whole view of the property, it was awesome.
Complete with a swing, I have one at my house that I swing on all the time and my grandchildren love it too. The adults do too!
This setting was so magical, it had a French feel to it, it was very inviting. Below are some close ups for you to enjoy.
I loved this chandelier complete with shells and star fish hanging from it, perfect for the beach or anyone who loves to go to the ocean.
This porch swing looked so inviting, Sue, the owner said that her and Dwight read to each other while sitting out in this setting. How romantic is that?
My friend Lola, myself, and Dwight our garden tour guide.
I loved this saying.

4 comments:

  1. Love the way the swing is set up! Hey, hope you gals are gonna make it to our show. The Funky Junk Sisters Antique Show and Flea Market in Puyallup, WA. June 13 & 14, it is going to be awesome! Check out our blog for more info!

    Linda & Dixie
    The Funky JUnk Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to set my swing up like that. Would love to meet them and see their garden. Awesome posting my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I rode our bikes up the coast and stopped in. We loved it! Very entertaining. The place was awsome! Can't wait to go back!
    Linda Bond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post about a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I love seeing your comments!