Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 A Time of Remembrance!













Rosemary for remembrance.  Did you know that rosemary was and is used for remembering something? This holiday season I am doing a lot of remembering, holding those good memories close to my heart.  Thanksgiving our girls would be with their in-laws. Roger and I decided to just stay home, until a last minute decision  to take our dinner to some friends whom also would be home alone. The rosemary would go into the brine that Roger made for the turkey.  I grow rosemary, so all I do it step out my door and cut it.  Roger would be making the brine before I came home from work, so I harvested it, left it on the cutting board, labeled it so he what it was and the rest was up to him.
I make my dressing like my mom taught me, using my home grown sage, adding chicken broth to add just the right amount of moistness to the dish.
Green beans sauteed with almonds and onion and little seasoning.
An apple pie would be in order.  I canned my apple pie filling so all it took was to roll out the dough, add the filling and bake.
This round oak table makes the best work table to create on.
Although I don't make the prettiest looking pies, they are tasty.  One of my life time goals is to make pretty fluted crust edges on my pies!
Roger would smoke our brinned turkey on the Traeger. Did I say it was moist?  One of our best turkeys. I hope you all had a memorable Thanksgiving. I am now ready to move on to Christmas.  My two older daughters will be coming to our home for Christmas so I best get myself ready for the celebration.  There is a lot of decorating to do! Menu is planned.  How about you?
Posted with Love


2 comments:

  1. Yum, Yum!! I haven't done a turkey on my Traeger, chicken I guess, hee-hee!! It looks fabulous! I sure would like some pointers. And your pie, it looks absolutely beautiful to me! I think I need a piece and aren't you the cutest thing rolling out the pie crust. I'm thinking you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Yes, it is time to start the festivities of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did our turkey the same way and don't you just love turkey on the Traegar? We just love ours and the turkey is just perfection.
    Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I love seeing your comments!