Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

The table is set, the turkey is in its brine, and all those extra attention to detail is completed, now the morning is coming and the house will be filled with lots of people, I will have eleven adults and five grandchildren here for this holiday festivities, my home is small, but no one seems to care, perhaps a little more cozy that way, I have learned to just go with the flow, it would be easier to do a buffet style meal, but we have always chosen to have a sit down dinner for our special holidays and I am very glad that we do. I learned growing up about setting a proper table, as well as a pretty table, and the food is always delicious and lots of it. The last few years Roger has taken on the task of doing the turkey and that sure has made a big difference for me and all that I have to take care of. I will post more of the day later. In the mean time I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy the day creating your memories.

7 comments:

  1. It does sound cozy and wonderful :) Have a great Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to making more memories on Thanksgiving at Mimi Florence & Papa Rogers house! Ashton said "I love Papa Roger! He is my favorite Papa in the whole universe!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You day sounds wonderful. My Roger and I are off to a friends house full of more friends.
    Enjoy your day!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my friend, Can't wait to see more pictures!
    Glad you liked the header picture. It is from the neighbors deck. Our day was busy but a wonderful break. My niece Kiera fell asleep on my lap after we read her school books and played UNO Moo.
    Lots of Love to you and yours, Relax Today!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friend...I hope you had a very blessed Thanksgiving, I miss seeing you. I'm going to continue doing the blog for the shop ( I love this creative side :-). I'll be calling you soon! love you! lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, it sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving! We did too! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and hopefully we'll see each other soon!

    Hugs,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I love seeing your comments!