Sunday, October 11, 2009

Comforts and Papa Jacks Fall Sale

Rose Hips that says fall to me along with the pumpkins. The air was cool and crisp, the outing to the Papa Jacks and Comforts was a perfect way to spend the day, complete with apple cider pressing and a cozy fire to sit by and visit with old friends.
This pumpkin patch was perfectly lined up under the trees, making them inviting for any one wanted to choose one.
Rustic metal pumpkin said please take me home, so I did take one home, which now finishes my fall decorating on my porch.
These signs for were waiting for the right person, the bird house did come home with me and has already found a place in my yard.
These wood houses were all lined up waiting for some one to take them home too, as I said in the previous post I have several, in fact my studio is patterned after one that I purchased.
This wonderful pin cushion, needle keeper and pin sharpener came home with me, I always say I am going to make one and never seem to, now I have my own. Thanks Deb.
Here is Don, Deb's husband, her brother-in-law and I think her nephew making apple cider, I came home with 2 gallons, nothing beats home made apple cider. I will try to save some for the cold winter nights that may come this winter.
My friend Robin, also fellow farm girl came to the sale, we both like primitive, so this package she is holding is from me, her birthday is this coming Saturday, so I found some thing for her, and the ladies were able to wrap it with out her knowledge as to what was going on, then I presented it to her and said she can't open it until Saturday. I hope she likes it.
The fire was burning inviting some one to come and sit a spell and just relax, and so I did. There is another sale this Saturday the 17th of October at the Manor Grange in Vancouver on 72nd Ave, it is the Vintage Secrets, they have a sale twice a year and I have heard that Fran Gillette will have her new cook book available for that sale.

10 comments:

  1. THAT looks like a ton of fun! Where in the world is Brush Prairie? Glad you shared, I loved it! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words...I am flu free so far! Looks like you had a fun weekend....Love the pumpkins all in a line!
    I am commenting from our artblog instead of "A Peace of Bliss today"
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work down in your area from time to time. I am nuts for that sweet little pumpkin pin cushion! What a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Fall day! Your weather looks to be better than ours...we're not having the good kind of Fall...all rainy, gray, and cold here. Oh well, I'll just have to live vicariously :)

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  5. that does look like a great place! But where the heck is it???
    xoxox, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pictures ~ another great tour! I love the "homey-ness" of your blog!!

    I just had to respond to your comment on my post this morning that I should enjoy the snow while we had it and say, "Oh, if only you knew how long we have it each and every year!!!!"

    There will be at least 6 more months in which I will be able to "enjoy" snow ~ which is exactly why it's so difficult!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We also have wonderful Christmas Bazaars in Vancouver WA. The two, "must go to" Bazaars are... Lady Bug Baz. at Battleground High School held on the first Saturday in Nov and the (most popular with over 200 vendors,several from Ladybugs) Brush Prairie High School Baz. the Saturday on Thanksgiving weekend. Which I've been a participant in for 20 years.
    You might be familiar with the Praire show since Papa Jacks been there for as many years as I have. They have so many wonderful prims

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I ADORE the pumpkin pin keep. Does Deb have a blog or web where she sells them?

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks wonderful here. Cider is sounding really good to me right now. Love your treasures you took home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful place! This weekend we will go pumpkin hunting.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I love seeing your comments!