Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Clayson Farm 2009

My friend Jan and I were off to Yakima to search for treasures, we went last year together, going just for the day, this year we went over night so it was not such a tiring day. That was a very smart move. We checked out a few shops in downtown Yakima, which proved to be awesome. There is so much to see there no one could do it in a day. I would love to go back and do some serious treasure hunting.
This was the line up to get into the sale, I liked how someone came by with wrist bands for us to purchase so that there was no bottle necking at the entrance, it really did made a difference.
This space is Erin's of Rickety Picket, I have gotten to see her at a couple of other shows this summer, she is the sweetest person. I almost got that Old Red Hen sign, but I forgot and some else bought it before me. Darn.
Here is another fresh eggs sign that I love.
This dress form was from Auntie Joy's space, I loved her dress, I thought it was right in style for the country. Don't you?
These will probably be the only sunflowers I will have this year, as the slugs ate all my seedlings as they came up. This sunflowers came from the Crows Nest Mercantile in Yakima, Washington.
Here is Lenette of Garden Girl, her space was full of flowers and plants and great found objects for the garden. You will see pictures from her shop in Yakima below.
Here is Julie from Kindred Roses this was a great treat to see her there, she will be at Molly Mo's Sale the 22nd of August.
That scare crow was made from a floor lamp, he was ready for setting outside to scare the birds away.
This cabin brought lots of memories back for me, when I was a little girl about a toddler until I was probably nine we lived in cabins like this, my biological family were migrants, we moved from farm to farm to pick the fruit and whatever jobs were available to survive. I actually have a photo of one of the cabins with me in front of it.
Oh the sunflowers grow well over in this side of state.
Oh my gosh when I saw this person, I was so surprised, as I had ran into her at the quilt show in Sisters in July, My friend Erin and I kept bumping in to her. Well Sally and I knew we had met some where but we could not figure it out, well mystery solved, it was last year at this very sale that I had met her for the first time. She deals in vintage textiles and primitives and sales on etsy. I did get a vintage full apron from her that I have already washed and worn several times this week. Thanks Sally.
Lots of linen were to be found through out this sale.
This lady I am always drawn to, I met her last year and bought a book on Alaskan Wilderness Guide, she always has something I treasure and the next photo shows what I got from her this year. She has a sense of serenity about her, that I treasure.
The picture of the ladies gathering roses really caught my eye, I knew I need it. I got it from The French Hen. The fabric draped over the chair I bought from the lady above, who told me she brought it back from France, that she had purchased it at a outdoor market, I plan to make something very special with it, it looks like it was a slip cover or something that covered some type of furniture.
Some Americana which I love to capture, this old barn was brought in piece by piece and reassembled, it truly has a great feel to it.
This was on the back porch of the home that hosted the sale. I am assuming the Clayson farm.
Our Barn House Boys were there too, they always have something new to show and as you can see I found the "found" object below. What a treasure thank you both. Don't forget their show this weekend at The Barn House with special guests "Willow Nest."
One of these finials came home with me, I was so excited. It takes me back to Germany and all the castles and wrought iron gates.
This one of our first stops when we got into Yakima, we first went to Flutterby a wonderful shop with some great items to purchase, they sent us on to Garden Girl, which I had remembered from the Farm Chicks Sale. The Flutterby, Garden Girl and The French Hen are must see when you go to Yakima, Washington.


Jan was in ah over all the garden props, including this vintage black telephone she is holding, however it was not for sale, darn.
The French Hen was right around the corner from the Garden Girl shop, I found a beautiful print that I have posted earlier on this post.
This was from The French Hen booth at the Clayson Farm Sale. Those roses with those green hydrangeas were beautiful.
Real Yakima Fruit the sign read, so I brought home two boxes of peaches to can and make jam from, I think I have my work cut out for me.

13 comments:

  1. oh, this looked wonderful! I wish I could have made it! LOVE lenette's apron!
    xoxo, Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, Florence!!! Thanks for taking us along!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have caught you b/f you left, so we could meet there. My next thought was that I might be able to pick you out in a crowd-wrong, too many people! I did make it, and loved it. The lady you said you are drawn to looks so familiar to me, but the lady I know actually has long hair, from somewhere in sw. wa. and my lady does a missionary trip thing bringing children from Africa over here to share their lives and stories. Maybe my lady cut her hair lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great that the vintage good stuff never goes away...I love it all and wish I could have been there....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you, sweet Florence, for sharing your trip with us!
    - Sylvi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time! Lots of treasures. Looking forward to your visit. What kind of treasures can we find......hmmmm???

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful show and it was great to see you there!!!
    PS I took the egg sign home with me!!!
    Julie, Kindred Roses

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a fun trip with lots of great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Florence, what a great post you sure have been busy. wish I could have gone!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Florence...it is so great to see this wonderful excursion through your eyes. See you later today...


    J & J

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was alot of fun and to relive it this morning was great! That scarecrow really caught my eye and I never went to get an up close & personal look. Then I saw the lucky buyer carrying it out and saw the tag for $55 and I was kickin' myself.
    I am already looking forward to next year!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL POST!
    IT IS SO NICE TO SIT BACK AFTER THE SHOW AND READ ALL THE WONDERFUL POSTS AND LOOK AT SOME AMAZING PICTURES!!

    I JUST NEED TO GET MY PRIORITIES STRAIGHT AND GET MY BLOG UPDATED AND KEPT UP!!

    THANKS AGAIN FOR SUCH KINDS WORDS & YOUR TIME!

    LESLEE
    CLAYSONFARM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful place - love your blog! troy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit. I love seeing your comments!